Thursday, March 17, 2011

Patty-Cake


When we celebrate a holiday....we do it RIGHT! Especially the big ones like St. Patrick's Day. My children (especially holiday loving Jacob) were as excited for today as for Christmas. Honest truth. We have been preparing for a week. Every day after school Michael and Jacob have been making a Leprechaun hotel in our guest room. Their goal was to make the leprechauns very happy and maybe they would leave them some treats and money. [When I picked Mikey up from school today he sadly says, "Now I don't know what to do. I can't make anything for the Leprechauns anymore."] They each made a bed for the little green men, including pillows, mattresses, blankets, headboards, & mirrors. Michael added a rug, robe, fuzzy slippers, waste basket, treasure, top hat, yoga mat (my personal favorite), a screen to change behind and welcome letters. It was all ADORABLE.

M.'s note reads: Dear Leprechauns, I hope you like my bed. I worked really hard on it. Sleep soundly. From Michael.
J.'s note reads: Dear Leprechauns, I hope you like your bed. Love Jacob.

In our house those Leprechauns are tricky guys. They put chairs on the counters, take shoes out of the baskets, rearrange the furniture, set the table in funny ways, bring Lucky Charms, turn the milk green, turn the toilet water green, take all the coats off the hooks, open all the kitchen cupboards, sprinkle chocolate golden coins....it is quite a site! And very exciting to wake up to.Breakfast was Lucky Charms of course! After school they dumped the entire box in a bowl and picked out every marshmallow.
For dinner we had Shepherd's Pie, and a brief family history lesson about Thomas Doherty (my great grandfather). Jodi and her boys joined us to complete a very green group of little boys at a very green set table.

No comments: