Second grade performed the play The Great Kapok Tree on Friday. Michael and Lucious were the boa constrictors. Above is a photo of Jack and Michael together - Jack was one of the porcupines. Michael was so excited for the performances, of which there were 2. I went to both that day and convinced Peter that he had to come to the second, the show was just so incredibly darling. The drama teacher is doing one play each month with each grade. She turned the children's book about saving the rainforest into a play for the entire grade. Mothers sewed the creative costumes. Other mothers painted the set. I would have loved to have been involved, but we have a Colin. I was so grateful for all the creativity I was almost in tears! Really. Maybe it is the hormone experiment currently going on inside my body, but I am just so thrilled that my children go to such a wonderfully creative school with other mothers that were available and willing to help with such a FUN project. The music was fabulous. The dancing fun and the whole school cheered and cheered!
No comments:
Post a Comment