School has ended and the kitchen table is now a permanent crafting station. The regular TV is off (only Christmas movies allowed once in a while). Every day after lunch Michael and Jacob are deep in creation mode. This year because of a certain small addition to the family, I was not as organized with planned specific Christmas crafts. I like to have one per day ready to go. Well, that didn't happen. Happily that has not stopped the boys. Scotty is a bit young for the hours of time the boys stay focused. He pops in and out - then back to his toys or games. In between working with Peter and I on their homemade brother gifts (which are turning out fantastically well!) they pulled out WikiSticks today. Jacob worked on a winter snowman building scene. Michael made an ornament to take with us to California. Each creation becomes a gift for somebody. I love the homemade Christmas spirit that takes over.
Tuesday, December 21, 2010
Crafting
School has ended and the kitchen table is now a permanent crafting station. The regular TV is off (only Christmas movies allowed once in a while). Every day after lunch Michael and Jacob are deep in creation mode. This year because of a certain small addition to the family, I was not as organized with planned specific Christmas crafts. I like to have one per day ready to go. Well, that didn't happen. Happily that has not stopped the boys. Scotty is a bit young for the hours of time the boys stay focused. He pops in and out - then back to his toys or games. In between working with Peter and I on their homemade brother gifts (which are turning out fantastically well!) they pulled out WikiSticks today. Jacob worked on a winter snowman building scene. Michael made an ornament to take with us to California. Each creation becomes a gift for somebody. I love the homemade Christmas spirit that takes over.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment