While doing some Christmas shopping this week, I saw that these puffy winter coats were only $10 at Old Navy!! They were regularly $25 - more than half off. So this afternoon I packed up the boys and headed to Old Navy to buy coats for kids that have none. We loaded up a shopping cart. I planned on buying 20. The boys thought this was not enough! "But mom, they have NO COATS!!" Michael exclaimed (who forgot his at home and realized how dang cold it really was outside). We ended up with 29 coats - $300 worth of fun giving away. Next we headed down to the Christmas Box House. It is an emergency childrens' shelter here in SLC. Children are placed there when they are pulled out of horrible situations, before they can be placed in foster care. The kids come with nothing. Lots of Peter's clients from Odyssey House have either been there or were headed there. It is very sad. I called them this morning to see if they needed coats. They said definitely yes. They particularly had tiny children there at the moment. And it is 3 days before Christmas. Filled with the Christmas spirit, we sang songs in the car (the boys changed the words to potty talk), and delivered the coats. We are so blessed in our lives and have so much.
Wednesday, December 22, 2010
Coats for Kids
While doing some Christmas shopping this week, I saw that these puffy winter coats were only $10 at Old Navy!! They were regularly $25 - more than half off. So this afternoon I packed up the boys and headed to Old Navy to buy coats for kids that have none. We loaded up a shopping cart. I planned on buying 20. The boys thought this was not enough! "But mom, they have NO COATS!!" Michael exclaimed (who forgot his at home and realized how dang cold it really was outside). We ended up with 29 coats - $300 worth of fun giving away. Next we headed down to the Christmas Box House. It is an emergency childrens' shelter here in SLC. Children are placed there when they are pulled out of horrible situations, before they can be placed in foster care. The kids come with nothing. Lots of Peter's clients from Odyssey House have either been there or were headed there. It is very sad. I called them this morning to see if they needed coats. They said definitely yes. They particularly had tiny children there at the moment. And it is 3 days before Christmas. Filled with the Christmas spirit, we sang songs in the car (the boys changed the words to potty talk), and delivered the coats. We are so blessed in our lives and have so much.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment