Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Readers



We have been reading lots of books in this family.  I love to read.  Maybe the reading bug is contagious.  Both Michael and Jacob are finding their own addictions. Above is my current list.  Many a book I have thrown out which didn't make the cut for various reasons [ie the new book for adults by J.K. Rowling - yikes! it was dull].  
Mikey is currently reading the series: The Mysterious Benedict Society.  He is on the second of 5 books, and is flying thru them [after finishing the required school book each month]. This series is about a group of detective children.  I want to read them next!
 In the evenings, I have been reading chapter books out-loud with the 3 big boys while Peter puts the baby to bed.  We have loved the Mrs. Piggle Wiggle books [and need to return to the last book].  We are about to finish The BFG.  Perhaps we will read the first Harry Potter book next [although Mikey has of course read it, I think Scotty is ready].
 This is Jacob's current read.  He has been enjoying our evening "chapters" and has just recently picked up his own novel to read after school.  He is a very fast reader and loves a good story that is both funny and intriguing. 

We are always looking for good next suggestions for ALL of us!!  I think this next summer we need to take the 100 book challenge as a family - at the rate we are going it will be a breeze!



No comments: