Sunday, January 8, 2012

Best Cupcake


 I found the birthday cupcake recipe I will use from this day forward for Colin.  I wish I had this for his first birthday.  Delicious!  When he gets a bit older I will keep a stash of these in the freezer to take to other children's birthday parties.  So handy to have.
Best Vanilla Cupcake
Gluten-Free, Rice-free, Soy-free, Dairy-free

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12-cupcake tin with paper or parchment liners.

1.  In a mixing bowl, whisk the dry ingredients together: 

1 cup sorghum flour
1 cup tapioca starch 
1 cup organic cane sugar 
1/2 teaspoon sea salt 
1 teaspoon baking powder 
1 teaspoon baking soda 
1 teaspoon xanthan gum 

2.  Add in: 

1 cup vanilla coconut (So Delicious), or almond milk 
1 egg
3 tablespoons coconut oil 
1 tablespoon vanilla extract 


3.  Beat with a mixer until the cake batter is smooth. Do not over-beat. 
4.  Using an ice cream scoop, plop the batter into the twelve liners.
5.  Bake in the center of a preheated oven until firm and dome shaped. For me this took about 20 minutes up in the mountains but may be shorter at sea level.
6.  Cool the pan on a wire rack briefly, then gently pop out the cupcakes and continue cooling on a rack.
7.  Make your icing or coconut whipped cream.
These would be great with any flavor of frosting - fresh strawberry puree mixed into vanilla frosting, chocolate frosting made with coco powder or just plain vanilla frosting.  Some colored sprinkles are also allergy friendly and would make very these festive!

No comments: