Wednesday, December 14, 2011
Surgery Day
Today I took Scotty up to Primary Children's for a bit of minor surgery. Dr. Hill removed his tonsils and adenoids in a quick 30 minute procedure. We were home by early afternoon. For the first 5 hours at home he was high on lots of drugs - dancing, playing, and making me and Amy laugh.
Later this evening the pain broke thru that drug barrier, crying for an hour straight. Poor boy. It kills Peter and I to see Scotty in so much pain! We have cared for this boy thru years of serious illness. His tough little body, seems so fragile in these moments. This boy has a special soft and cozy place in our hearts. Luckily he fell asleep finally after lots of pain, a long shower, more medication and a bit of Finding Nemo. It will be a long night - I am putting him in my bed and planning on staying up with him. Peter is moving to the couch to do Colin's night Neocate bottles.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment