On Thursday night we went to the annual family back-to-school pick-nick at Mt. Dell up Parley's Canyon. All the teachers and families attend. The boys had fun reuniting with friends, classmates and old teachers.
I had a unique conversation with the assistant teacher, Ms. Susan, who is at the curb every morning at drop-off. She is moving to a different classroom which necessitates changing her drop-off assignment, she was telling me. I know she loves this assignment! She is happy and welcoming every single morning as I drop the boys off at school these past 2 years. She told me she likes seeing what kinds of "moods" children are coming to school with, and gets a pulse on the day before it begins. She also learns a lot about families just from those few minutes. Susan told me that out of all the school families - ours was the only family that exchanged mutual "I love you's" to and from everyone in the car every single morning without fail. So interesting that she noticed. And we do. And then Scotty yells from his carseat out the van door as the boys scurry into school: "Hey Boys! Choose The Right!!!" I love our family.
No comments:
Post a Comment