Time Machine
Spring came for the day yesterday! Peter took the big boys up to Solitude for an afternoon of skiing (and a work afternoon in the lodge for himself with his computer). That left me with the little boys. The sun was shining, the snow melting, so we headed outside. I borrowed a double jogger stroller from my friend (wishing desperately that I had one of these fabulous inventions!). We headed off for a run, which quickly turned into a brisk walk ending at the park. Last year we rarely went to the park. The big boys think Laird park is boring...and Scotty quickly became 'just one of the big boys'. Our family activities are geared towards the big kids and Scotty follows right along. But since Colin's arrival, Scotty is now 'one of the little boys' sometimes. And so there I was again, at the park with 2 little boys. One preschooler, and one baby. It felt like I had been transported 5 years back - just a different set of little boys. I am kind of happy for Scotty that he gets to be a little boy sometimes now.
No comments:
Post a Comment