Fall Leaves
Friday was the school's annual Fall Leaf Haul. The entire school breaks into their family groups (groups they have the whole year that have students of each grade level and one teacher). The family groups head out into the neighborhood that surrounds the school to rake leaves in the front yards of these houses. Last year I went with Michael - and loved it. I love that this school teaches the necessity of being a good neighbor, service, community involvement and cooperation amongst all the grade levels. The eighth graders are taught to be examples of kindness, hard work and leadership for the younger children and work next to the little kindergartners. This year I was home with the baby of course, but Greg and Candace went in my place as helpers. The boys LOVED having them at school with them for the morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment