Friday, November 12, 2010

Each His Own

As I get to know Colin better, I am already learning his likes and dislikes even as a 2 week old infant. It is a reminder that not only do we have a new baby in our home, but a new PERSON. This may sound obvious - but this reminder is that each one of my boys has his own preferences, tastes, talents, frustrations, dispositions...I could go on and on. As I am just barely beginning this process of getting to know all these things about Colin, this is what I know already:

-He likes to be swaddled, but with his hands out so they can be by his face.
-He prefers the green binkies (the newborn Soothies) to the other brand.

-He likes to fall asleep with me in bed if I put my face by his.
-He needs to sleep at an incline - it helps his tummy.
-He now sleeps in the bouncy seat.

-He would rather be held. (Good thing I have lots of Holders here in our house).
-He hates to get his diaper changed.
-He loves bath time.

-He calms down when I hum a song to him.

No comments: