For 4 straight years we have had a boy at Virginia Tanner Fine Arts Preschool. Last week was Jacob's last day of preschool. I can't hardly believe it! We all love that school dearly, and feel so much love for each of the 5 teachers that have given so much to our boys. (Scotty isn't quite old enough to go there next year, so he will be up at the JCC for a year first...which is probably better for his food situation anyway). I was emotional of course as I went to tour the annual end of the year artist gallery (something I HAD to get out of bed for). Covering every wall of the school are the collections of artist inspired masterpieces by all the children. I love how proud Jacob was of his work - pulling me by the arm from one display to the next, looking for his name.
At this school each of my first two sons entered as quiet and timid little boys. Each boy, interestingly enough, observed almost entirely for their first year. Under the watchful and careful tutoring of amazing thoughtful and purposeful teachers, they returned their second year as leaders in their class - singing, dancing, sharing ideas, writing stories, acting in plays and making special best friends. ...and then they head off to the big wide world of elementary school. Jacob of course is thrilled for the next step - already calling himself a kindergartener.

Jacob and John are bestest buddies!
No comments:
Post a Comment