Saturday, May 22, 2010

A Boy House

Friday Peter and I went to an early ultrasound to see who this little baby is. I was anxious to know who I am doing all this for! ....and of course we are having a BOY. I am excited, not disappointed, and a bit surprised that I am to be the mother of all sons. Peter was so convinced that we were expecting a girl and I think he was nervous that I would be sad. But I'm not this time around...just ready to get to November. Separately both Peter and I had the same thought - that we are raising 4 missionaries.

After the ultrasound we returned home to tell the boys. Michael and Jacob screamed and laughed and cheered at the news. For the next hour Jacob would repeatedly yell, "CELEBRATION!" at random. Even though they would tell people they wanted a sister, they seemed very relieved with the news of one last brother. Michael told Jacob, "Now you won't be the middle child anymore!"

I particularly liked my mom's advice - to remove all the furniture in the house and replace it with gym mats everywhere. I can just imagine how crazy this house and family is going to be! We will quickly out grow it - often it does feel that way already. But we will still be cozy here for the next couple of years in our boy house.

I returned to my bed, and Michael came in to ask one last private question. "Is he OK mom? I mean is he healthy? Does he have 2 arms, 2 legs and all that kind of stuff?" He was sweet, concerned and still the oldest protective brother that he was born to be.

Jacob planned a real celebration for the night (as seen in the photo above). They rented a BOY movie - Ironman - and each picked out a big box of candy at the movie store. [In the photo Jacob is frowning for sympathy, he previously scraped his leg on his scooter].



No comments: