Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween!!

 All ready to trick-or-treat!  We love this holiday.  Jacob is the champion prize-fighter complete with a gold grill.  Scotty is our trusty side-kick Robin.  Colin tried on about 10 costumes out of the bin [including the Elmo one I bought for him] and decided he didn't like ANY of them.  So, I put on a batman t-shirt and black pants, brought along the cape to make a duo with Scotty.  Michael decided an hour before heading out that he needed a different costume.  He found out that some older kids were going in his group and decided a funny cartoon character felt to much like a little kid costume.  I agreed.  He pulled together this vampire costume from the bin and was thrilled!  He loved his black painted nails.
 The big boys stayed in Draper with new church friends.  Jacob went with a bunch of little boys and their dads.  Mikey went with a group that had no parents for the first time ever, which he decided was not as fun as it sounded and would prefer to have Dad with him next year.  I took the 2 littles to our old neighborhood to trick-or-treat with Henry, Bentley and the Pearce family.  We LOVED seeing old friends at houses and walking down the street.  Scotty found ALL of his buddies and was in heaven. 
 Colin quickly figured out this game!  At one point he turned and yelled to me, "MOM!  I do MORE trick-or-treat!".  We went around the block and filled their buckets full.  The weather was warm, trees still had some leaves and everyone was having a great night.  We wore them out.

 We loved having Blake's family with us for the night!  These cousins are already best friends again.  A perfect night. 


No comments: