Friday, August 17, 2012

To the Rescue!

 Cassi called wondering if she could come by with a dessert.  Well, it was Michael's 10th birthday and I had no cake.  My oven wasn't working yet [which I discovered too late] and I was in house meetings all day and unable to make it to the bakery.  Could I put candles in it?  That was all I wondered.
 She showed up with all of her kids in full Starwars costume.  They sang a Starwars birthday song at the door to Michael and then invaded our house with birthday love.  It was really incredible.  She made Starwars cupcakes for all the kids and a fancy dessert for the adults.  All the kids swam [in a pool that was still unheated!]. 

I was happy for Michael who quickly made a bunch of new friends.  And mostly selfishly happy for myself to be closer to my dear friend with this move.  She is wonderful.


No comments: