Sunday, May 29, 2011

How - to


May is a busy month, filled with lots of end of the school year activities. On Thursday I went to watch Michael be the teacher in his class for 20 minutes. Each child was asked to teach something that the class could follow along and participate in doing. He knew exactly what he wanted to teach the kids - how to draw Bart Simpson. He taught himself how to draw Bart by watching a You-Tube movie. Michael LOVES to draw.

I loved watching his confidence in front of the room, as he was able to be the expert. I was so proud of him! He answered everyone's questions, and even put 2 kids names on the board for talking too much! The class loved learning how to draw Bart, and got some good laughs at how silly some of their drawings looked.

No comments: