When I went to go pick Scotty up from preschool this morning, I walked in just as he had had a big fall. He tripped on a floor mat and went "flying" into the door frame. It was a very bloody situation. He was in the office with many teachers around him helping to clean up the gash on his head. As soon as he saw me he stopped crying. I offered him the one binky left in my purse (he gave up binkies just last week!). "No mom, I don't need that anymore," he sniffed. I needed him to need it I think!! So off to the ER we went, which is just a block away. When I found out he needed staples in his head, I called Peter to come up the hill to take his position as the designated ER parent. An hour later we were on our way home with a big bandage - first stopping at 7-11 to get a slurpee for this brave boy!
Monday, October 4, 2010
Brave Boy
When I went to go pick Scotty up from preschool this morning, I walked in just as he had had a big fall. He tripped on a floor mat and went "flying" into the door frame. It was a very bloody situation. He was in the office with many teachers around him helping to clean up the gash on his head. As soon as he saw me he stopped crying. I offered him the one binky left in my purse (he gave up binkies just last week!). "No mom, I don't need that anymore," he sniffed. I needed him to need it I think!! So off to the ER we went, which is just a block away. When I found out he needed staples in his head, I called Peter to come up the hill to take his position as the designated ER parent. An hour later we were on our way home with a big bandage - first stopping at 7-11 to get a slurpee for this brave boy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment