On the first day of school we always have a celebration feast. This year it was simple but fun [being that we got back into town from Lake Chelan late the night before]. A tablecloth, flowers, yummy drinks in fancy cups, balloons and yummy food = a party!! The boys love this tradition, and I love celebrating the start of the next year for our family.
We ate roasted pork roast and cole slaw with horseradish. It is my new favorite recipe :: [amazing oven roasted pork - with or without the sauce]. The boys loved the fresh rolls... from the grocery store! Ha! Watermelon Lemonade by Martinellis was our fancy drink in tall glasses. Of course we finished it off with a cheese cake - Candace's famous recipe of course. Always my kids favorite dessert.
This year our scripture is D&C 38:30:
I tell you these things because of your prayers, wherefore, treasure up wisdom in your bosoms...if ye are prepared ye shall not fear.
I love this scripture. God answers our prayers. He wants to give us "treasures" that we need. More importantly this treasure is wisdom that we learn thru our experiences as we are prayerful in our everyday lives. The last line is important for those in my family that sometimes struggle with anxiety - if we are prepared we should not have any fear. If we do the praying, the hard work at school, the work to keep relationships loving, the work to build friendships, the practicing in sports, the scripture reading - we should not have any fear! God will help us. He will remind us of the wisdom we already possess from these experiences AND our wisdom and confidence will grow. I hope this is a lesson I can teach my kids this year as we continue to talk about this great principle. xo.
2 comments:
Great thoughts. Great scripture choice. I always was the anxiety child...still am. Great lesson to be learned young. :)
And that roasted pork sounds scrumptious!
Post a Comment