
I'm not sure which is more fun - planning birthday parties with my kids or having the actual party. Each year, for each boy I love working with them to specialize their party with their particular delights at that time. This year, Scotty had his Gymnastics Circus party, Jacob had a Monster Chelan party, and now Mikey has decided he is too old for a theme. In the past he has had rubber ducky, Shrek, cowboy, pirate, ninja, beach, and Lego parties. He told me yesterday that this party was just .... a PARTY! He wants only the boys from his class to be invited (which was a difficult decision because he was pretty good friends with a couple cute girls). He has a big waterslide planned for the backyard. Then he just wants to play some fun games involving water. Planning the gift bags was getting a bit out of control - and I told him I was ready to be done with party bags forever. He decided that maybe they could just take home one of the little squirt guns from the games. Deal. I love that at these young ages they each have such great plans - which they wait ALL YEAR for. It is a long year. The culminating fun (although sometimes a bit overwhelming) is so much fun to get ready for and with them.
No comments:
Post a Comment