Last night I was STILL in bed after a day of continual puking (3 more months to go!). Peter took the boys out for a healthy dinner at some fast food joint. When they came home, Scotty came running into my room:
-Mom, can I play the iPod touch?
-Sure, I guess.
-Oh THANK YOU! Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU MOM! (As he runs out of my room).
-Scotty come back! What did Dad say?
-He said "No", but you said "Yes!" So THANK YOU! (and he sprints out of the room).
I get out of bed and start getting him dressed in jammies. I tell him that when Daddy says something we all have to listen to him, etc.
-Ok Mom. I will. But he said, "No" and so I asked YOU! So now I am HAPPY!
He flashed his big happy (kind of scary) smile at me. I was now laughing so hard - the key ingredient to spoiling a teaching moment.
He figured out the-run-to-the-other-oblivious-parent-trick that drives us NUTS!
No comments:
Post a Comment