Tuesday, March 18, 2014
After-School Snack
I tried baking a new muffin for an after-school snack. Scotty still loves muffins - and I still love watching him eat 2 or 3 at a time. Muffins are the only snack he devours - and so I bake muffins frequently. Even though his palate is very limited [due to years of food restrictions] I know he will eat a muffin. Therefore, I make all different kinds. As has been his history, he will put a muffin in his mouth - and we always encourage new tastes for him. Rarely do I make the same muffin. Today's muffin was a chocolate & banana muffin. As always I use all organic ingredients. If I don't have organic, I use a version of the product that has no added ingredients [such as Daisy brand sour cream]. They are delicious - especially warm out of the oven with a glass of milk.
Ingredients
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup organic whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup raw organic sugar
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 mashed bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup melted butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix together the wet ingredients. Add the dry & stir to combine.
3. Bake for 25 minutes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment