Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Last Night




 His last night in his crib.  We took down the crib, and moved the rocking chair out.  Our babysitter I had during the school year is having her first baby and needs everything.  We gave them to her, and she is thrilled.  I cried myself to sleep that night.  No more babies in this house.  I have rocked babies in that chair for 11 years.  That is a very long time, and I'm not sure what it will be like to not do that anymore.  If I could, I would be having one more baby.  And so even though I know we can't do that, I sure am wishing I could.  I miss it already, and will for 100 years.  I have felt most like myself with a baby in my arms, rocking and singing together. 

As for Colin, he loves his big-boy-bed.  He is using Scotty's baby bear bed.  Colin calls it the big-bad-wolf-bed.  He is so funny.  Bedtime is no longer a struggle.  He is so happy to get in bed, have a pillow and a blanket on top of himself just like the big boys.  No longer trapped, he is much happier. 







No comments: